Tamil Nadu is a state located in the southern part of India. It is the 10th most populous state in the country and the 6th largest in terms of area. The capital and largest city of Tamil Nadu is Chennai, which is also a major center of culture, education, and industry in South India. Tamil Nadu has a rich cultural heritage and history, with a strong Dravidian influence. The state is known for its ancient temples, including the Meenakshi Temple in Madurai and the Brihadeeswarar Temple in Thanjavur, both of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The state is also known for its classical dance form Bharatanatyam and traditional music Carnatic music. Tamil Nadu's economy is diverse and robust, with major industries including manufacturing, IT, and textiles.
The state is also known for its agricultural production, particularly for its production of rice, sugarcane, and bananas. Tamil Nadu is bordered by the Indian states of Kerala to the west, Karnataka to the northwest, Andhra Pradesh to the north, and the Bay of Bengal to the east. The state has its own language known as Tamil which is spoken by majority of its population.
Below are some important points to remember about Tamil Nadu:
• Tamil Nadu is situated on the southern part of India.
• It is surrounded by the Indian Ocean to the east and south, Kerala to the west, Karnataka to the northwest and Andhra Pradesh to the north.
• Total area of the state is 1,30,058 square km.
• Total district in the state is 32.
• Population in the state is more than 7 cores according to 2011 census.
• Literacy rate in the state is 90.3 %.
• Tamil is the official language of Tamil Nadu.
• Chennai is the capital and largest city in the state.
• Chennai was formerly known as Madras.
• Kaveri, Pniyar, Bhavani etc are the major rivers in the state.
• Tamil Nadu is the second largest contributor to India's GDP. The economy of the state mainly depends on Agriculture and Industry. Textiles and Engineering, Leather industry, Automobiles, Software, Heavy Industry are the major industries in Tamil Nadu. Tamil Nadu film industry is also the second largest film industry in India.
• Pongal is one of the famous festivals celebrated in Tamil Nadu.
• Kanyakumari, Marina beach, Rameswaram Temple, Kodaikanal, Coonoor etc are the major tourist attraction places in Tamil Nadu.
• Marina beach in Chennai is the longest natural urban beach in the country and second longest in the world.
• Bharata natyam, one of India’s major classical dance forms is originated from Tamil Nadu.
|Song||Tamil Thai Valthu|