• Tamil Nadu is situated on the southern part of India.
• It is surrounded by the Indian Ocean to the east and south, Kerala to the west, Karnataka to the northwest and Andhra Pradesh to the north.
• Total area of the state is 1,30,058 square km.
• Total district in the state is 32.
• Population in the state is more than 7 cores according to 2011 census.
• Literacy rate in the state is 90.3 %.
• Tamil is the official language of Tamil Nadu.
• Chennai is the capital and largest city in the state.
• Chennai was formerly known as Madras.
• Kaveri, Pniyar, Bhavani etc are the major rivers in the state.
• Tamil Nadu is the second largest contributor to India's GDP. The economy of the state mainly depends on Agriculture and Industry. Textiles and Engineering, Leather industry, Automobiles, Software, Heavy Industry are the major industries in Tamil Nadu. Tamil Nadu film industry is also the second largest film industry in India.
• Pongal is one of the famous festivals celebrated in Tamil Nadu.
• Kanyakumari, Marina beach, Rameswaram Temple, Kodaikanal, Coonoor etc are the major tourist attraction places in Tamil Nadu.
• Marina beach in Chennai is the longest natural urban beach in the country and second longest in the world.
• Bharata natyam, one of India’s major classical dance forms is originated from Tamil Nadu.
|Song||Tamil Thai Valthu|