• Tripura is a state of Northeast India.
• The state shares its border with Bangladesh in the north, south, and west and Assam and Mizoram in the east.
• Agartala is the capital city of the state.
• Tripura was established in 21st January, 1972.
• Total area of the state is 10,491.69 square km.
• Total districts in Tripura are 8.
• National Highway 44 connects it with the rest of the country.
• As per 2011 census, total population in the state is 3,671,032.
• The density in the state is 350 per square km.
• Bengali and Kokborok is the official language of Tripura.
• Ujjayant Palace, Chaturdas Devata Temple, Tripura Sundari Temple, Sepahijala Wild Life Sanctuary are the main tourist attraction in the state.
• Gomti is the main river in the state.
• The economy of the state is mainly depends on agriculture.
• 85 % of the total population is Hindu by religion.
|District||Headquarters||Area (km2)||Population (2011)||Population Density (/km2)|