UAE History Timeline ......
Explore the rich and diverse history of UAE on our website. From ancient civilizations to modern times, below content offers a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of UAE's past. Discover the stories and events that shaped a nation, its culture and society, through our well-researched and well-written articles.
• 1892 AD - The Trucial States-Britain deal grants the UK control over foreign affairs and emirates autonomy over internal matters.
• 1948 AD - Sheikh Saqr Bin-Muhammad al-Qasimi assumes power in Ras al-Khaymah.
• 1950s AD - The discovery of oil reshapes the region's economic landscape.
• 1952 AD - The seven emirates establish a Trucial Council for coordination.
• 1962 AD - Abu Dhabi initiates its first oil exports, signaling economic transformation.
• 1966 August AD - Sheikh Zayed Bin-Sultan Al Nuhayyan becomes the Ruler of Abu Dhabi.
• 1968 AD - The Trucial States welcome Bahrain and Qatar, anticipating a union that eventually collapses in 1971.
• 1971 AD - Independence from Britain leads to the formation of the United Arab Emirates, comprising Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujayrah, Sharjah, and Umm al-Qaywayn.
• 1972 AD - Ras al-Khaymah joins the federation, solidifying the UAE's unity.
• 1981 AD - UAE joins the Gulf Cooperation Council and the Arab League, asserting its regional presence.
• 2001 November AD - In response to US suspicions of terrorism funding, the UAE freezes the assets of several entities.
• 2004 November AD - Sheikh Khalifa Bin-Zayed Al Nahyan succeeds his father as the UAE's President.
• 2010 January AD - The iconic Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest building, opens in Dubai.
• 2011 March AD - UAE's active participation in the international military intervention in Libya demonstrates its growing influence.
• 2013 November AD - The UAE conducts trials of individuals associated with the Muslim Brotherhood.
• 2014 August AD - The UAE engages in air strikes in Libya, targeting extremist elements.
• 2015 March AD - UAE joins Saudi-led military operations in Yemen, showing its regional commitment.
• 2020 August AD - A landmark moment occurs as the UAE establishes diplomatic relations with Israel, further reshaping regional dynamics.