• Uttar Pradesh is located in the northern part of India.
• The state was created as United Provinces on 1 April 1937 and was renamed Uttar Pradesh in 1950.
• The state share its border with Haryana and Delhi to the northwest, Rajasthan to the west, Bihar to the east, Uttarakhand, and Nepal to the north, Jharkhand to the southeast, Madhya Pradesh to the southwest, and Chhattisgarh to the south.
• Lucknow is the capital city of Uttar Pradesh.
• The state has a total area of 243,286 square Km with 75 districts.
• Total population in the state is 19,95,81,477 according to the 2011 census, which is the highest among any states in India.
• Density in the state is 820 per square km.
• Literacy rate in the state is 67.68 %.
• Hindi is the official language of Uttar Pradesh.
• Lucknow, Ghaziabad, Kanpur, Moradabad, Aligarh, Varanasi are the main cities in UP. The economy of the state mainly depends on Agriculture and service industries.
• Total members in Lok Sabha from Uttar Pradesh are 80, which are the highest by any state in India.
• Ganga, Yamuna, Gomti are the main rivers in the state which flows through the state.
• Agra, Mathura, Vrindavan, Lucknow, Ayodhya, Kaushambi, Kapilvastu, Allahabad, Sarnath, Chitrakoot, etc are the main tourist attraction place in the state.
• World famous Taj Mahal which is the main tourist attraction in India, is located in Agra.