World Cup Cricket Records....
1. First world cup match was played at Lord's, London on 7th June 1975 between England v India. England won the match by 202 runs.
2. DL Amiss from England is the first batsmen to score a hundred in World Cup. He scores 137 against India in the first match of World Cup.
3. 1975 World Cup is the only ODI World Cup which didn't feature a sub-continent team in the semi-finals.
4. Mohinder Amaranth is the first bowler to take wicket in World Cup.
5. Chetan Sharma was the first bowler to take a hat-trick in a Cricket World Cup.
6. Sachin Tendulkar of India holds the records of scoring most runs (2278), highest number of centuries (6) and highest number of fifties (21).
7. Ricky Ponting of Australia holds the record of most sixes (31), most matches as captain (29), most catches by a fielder (28) and most appearances (46).
8. Australian Glenn McGrath take most wickets (71), most wickets in a world cup tournament (26) and best bowling figures (7-15 against Namibia).
9. Adam Gilchrist of Australia holds the record of most dismissals as wicketkeeper (52), most dismissals in a series (21) and most dismissals in an innings (6).
10. Australia holds the record of highest score in a match. Australia score 417 for 6 wickets against Afghanistan in 2015.
11. Australia hold the records of most wins (55 matches), 100% win in two world cup series (2003 and 2007), most consecutive wins (25 match).
12. Zimbabwe holds the records of most losses (37 match) and most consecutive defeats (18 matches).
13. Canada score 36 run against Sri Lanka in 2003 World Cup, which is lowest ever score by a team.
14. Ireland holds the record of highest successful run chase (329-7) in World Cup. It was against England, 2011.
15. Australia wins by 275 run against Afghanistan, 2015 which is the highest winning margin by runs in any world cup match.
16. Record for highest partnership holds by Chris Gayle and MN Samuels , West Indies with 372 runs against Zimbabwe in 2015.
17. Fastest century score by Kevin O'Brien of Ireland against England (2011) in 50 balls.
18. MC Snedden, New Zealand conceded most runs in an innings with 105 runs in 12 over against England in 1983.
19. Lance Klusener, South Africa holds the record of highest average (124.00) and highest strike rate (121.17).
20. Best economy rate by a bowler Andy Roberts of West Indies 3.24.
21. Zaheer Khan of India with 27.1 holds the record for best strike rate.
22. Fastest fifty records hold by New Zealand Brendon McCullum against England, in 18 balls
23. Highest score in an innings by Martin Guptill of New Zealand against West Indies. He scores 237.
24. Scotland concedes most extras in an innings (59) against Pakistan, 1999.
25. Headingley Cricket Ground, Leeds hosted highest number of matches with 12.
26. David Shepherd of England attends as umpire in 46 matches which is a record.