Current Affairs, June 2018
28th June, Current Affairs:
• Defending Champions Germany crashed out of the FIFA World Cup 2018 after suffering a 2-0 defeat against South Korea.
25th June, Current Affairs:
• This year monsoon session of Parliament
will be held from July 18 to August 10.
• Egypt goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary becomes oldest World Cup player in history of FIFA at the age of 45 after starting for Egypt in clash with Saudi Arabia.
24th June, Current Affairs:
• Saudi Arabia's ban on women driving
ended on Sunday midnight.
• R Praggnanandhaa of Chennai made history by becoming the youngest Indian Grandmaster and the second youngest overall by earning his third GM norm during the Gredine Open in Italy at the age of 12 years and 10 months.
23rd June, Current Affairs:
• In Maharashtra, a state-wide plastic ban
including carry-bags and thermocol is imposed from today.
• Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku became the first player to score two goals in consecutive World Cup matches since Maradona did it in 1986.
21st June, Current Affairs:
• International Yoga Day is celebrated
today. Rajasthan created a world record bringing over a lakh of people
together at a yoga session to mark the International Day of Yoga.
• Governor's rule is imposed on Jammu and Kashmir after the BJP pulled out of their coalition with People's Democratic Party.
20th June, Current Affairs:
• Chief Economic Advisor Arvind
Subramanian resign from his post.
• Anukreethy Vas from Tamil Nadu is crowned as Femina Miss India 2018.
• United States withdraws from UN human rights Council.
• Cristiano Ronaldo became the leading international goal scorer from Europe after he scores a goal against Morocco in their second World Cup 2018 match in Moscow. He has now scored more international goals than any other European player in the history of football with 85 goals for Portugal.
19th June, Current Affairs:
• Jammu and Kashmir's Chief Minister
Mehbooba Mufti resigns after BJP withdraw support from the State Government.
• Japan becoming the first Asian side ever to beat a South American team at the FIFA World Cup after defeating Colombia by 2-1.
• England creates a new world record of highest One-Day International (ODI) total in an innings. England scores 481 for six against Australia in the 3rd ODI in Trent Bridge, Nottingham.
16th June, Current Affairs:
• The festival of Eid is celebrated
• Portuguese player Cristiano Ronaldo scores the first hat-trick goals of 2018 FIFA World Cup. He scores the hat-trick against Spain.
15th June, Current Affairs:
• World Blood Donors Day 2018 observed today globally.
14th June, Current Affairs:
• Noted Kashmiri journalist Shujaat
Bukhari shot dead by unknown gunmen in Srinagar's Press Colony.
• FIFA World Cup 2018 tournament started from today. The first match played between host Russia and Saudi Arabia in the Luzhniki stadium.
• Chennai-born Dhivya Suryadevara has been named the Chief Finance Officer of the US largest automaker, General Motors, the first woman to get the position in the auto industry.
• Afghanistan team makes their debuted in Test Cricket by play their first Test match against India in Bengaluru.
• Shikhar Dhawan became the first Indian to score a hundred before lunch on the opening day of a Test. He scores 107 off just 96 deliveries against Afghanistan.
13th June, Current Affairs:
• The United States, Mexico and Canada won the right to host the 2026 World Cup in a vote by FIFA member nations.
12th June, Current Affairs:
• World day against child labour is
• US President Donald Trump and North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un met in Singapore.
• Virat Kohli received the Polly Umrigar Award (Best International Cricketer) in Bengaluru for his performances in the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons.
10th June, Current Affairs:
• India beat Kenya 2-0 to clinch
Intercontinental Cup in Mumbai.
• Rafael Nadal beats Dominic Thiem 6-4, 6-3, 6-2 to win the French Open.
• Bangladesh Women Cricket Team beat India by 3 wickets to win the Women's Asia Cup Twenty20 cricket tournament at the Kinrara Academy Oval in Kuala Lumpur.
9th June, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached
Qingdao in China to attend the two-day Shanghai Cooperation Organisation or
• The 44th G7 summit is held in La Malbaie, Quebec, Canada.
• India's first indigenous, long-range artillery gun "Dhanush" has passed its final test at Pokhran, paving the way for its induction into the Army.
• Indian Women batsman Mithali Raj has become the first Indian to score 2000 runs in International T20Is.
• Simona Halep beats Sloane Stephens by 3-6, 6-4, 6-1 to wins French Open Women's single title.
8th June, Current Affairs:
• New Zealand's women's cricket team
creates new record for the highest ODI total in history. They scores 490 for
4 wickets off their 50 overs in the first ODI against Ireland.
• The BCCI has awarded India captain Virat Kohli with their best cricketer award for his performances over the past two seasons, while World Cup stars Harmanpreet Kaur and Smriti Mandhana were chosen for the women's equivalent of the honour.
6th June, Current Affairs:
• The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) hiked the
repo rate by 25 basis points to 6.25 per cent.
• The Mumbai international airport becomes the busiest single runway airport in the world. The airport handled 1003 flights in a month.
• The U.N. General Assembly elected Ecuador's Foreign Minister Maria Fernanda Espinosa Garces as its next president, making her only the fourth woman to lead the 193-member world body in its 73-year history.
5th June, Current Affairs:
• World Environment Day is observed today.
• The Mughalsarai railway station in Uttar Pradesh has been renamed as Deen Dayal Upadhyay Junction.
• IDBI CEO Mahesh Kumar Jain was been appointed as fourth deputy governor of RBI for a three year term.
4th June, Current Affairs:
• Sunil Chhetri becomes the second to play 100 international football matches for India after Bhaichung Bhutia.
3rd June, Current Affairs:
• India successfully test-fired its indigenously developed nuclear capable long range ballistic missile Agni-5 with a strike range of 5,000 km from Dr Abdul Kalam Island off the Odisha coast.
2nd June, Current Affairs:
• In the Henley and Partners' annual passport index report, Japan has been deemed the world's most powerful passport, with access to 189 countries. Singapore and Germany have secured the second place. India is in the 76th position in the list, granting its holders visa-free access to 59 countries.